Solar Lighting Systems
Solar lighting System (home and street versions) are powered by solar energy using solar cells that convert solar energy (sunlight) directly to electricity. The electricity is stored in batteries and used for the purpose of lighting whenever required. These systems are useful in non-electrified rural areas and as reliable emergency lighting system for important domestic, commercial and industrial applications.
How does it work?
The Solar Home Lighting system is a fixed installation designed for domestic application. The system comprises of Solar PV Module (Solar Cells), charge controller, battery and lighting system (lamps & fans). The solar module is installed in the open on roof/terrace – exposed to sunlight and the charge controller and battery are kept inside a protected place in the house. The solar module requires periodic dusting for effective performance.
These systems are designed to give a daily working time of 3-4 hours with a fully charged battery. The system also provides for buffer storage for 1-2 non-sunny /cloudy days.
* Low self-discharge, highly reliable, low-maintenance tubular battery.
* Four days storage autonomy.
* LEDs are provided for “Battery Charging”, “Battery Low” and “Battery over-charge” indication.
The electronic circuitry is of high efficiency, low no-load current and is protected against short circuit.
* The inverter is a self oscillating push-pull type.
* Four pin high luminous CFL, with preheat.
* Battery is protected from overcharging, deep discharge and reverse polarity.
* Temperature compensated battery charging.